Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
- straightaway-to-wonderland reblogged this from d-ecemberrism
- straightaway-to-wonderland likes this
- d-ecemberrism likes this
- d-ecemberrism reblogged this from sp1rit
- amateurwithpotential reblogged this from silent-fireworks
- amateurwithpotential likes this
- glas-herzen likes this
- hellisophie reblogged this from l-eabhar
- hellihandy likes this
- hellomelmo reblogged this from academic-and-goal-driven
- hellomelmo likes this
- ehnaa reblogged this from raihaniac
- colormylifewith-c-h-a-o-s reblogged this from colormylifewith-c-h-a-o-s
- ikibubblegum likes this
- sadesaathsaukilloki likes this
- youngdescendant likes this
- everything-strange likes this
- lumpyspace-bitch reblogged this from l-eabhar
- purely-naive likes this
- imgunnabepueblisched likes this
- expressave reblogged this from eeshplgr
- melih87 reblogged this from frackyfrickypadalecki
- melih87 likes this
- bundere likes this
- fullmoonlightsunrise reblogged this from along-with-the-tide
- fullmoonlightsunrise likes this
- tellmeastori reblogged this from tellmeastori
- fragile--fairy likes this
- fragile--fairy reblogged this from l-eabhar
- silent-fireworks reblogged this from dontbetoosurprised
- allie-queenofthenorth reblogged this from my-life-as-lex
- f-ckingjoke likes this
- f-ckingjoke reblogged this from l-eabhar
- l-eabhar reblogged this from tanzen-imascheregen
- natipv reblogged this from blurrintopplwelove
- dontbetoosurprised likes this
- dontbetoosurprised reblogged this from hazynightz
- whynotwonder reblogged this from hazynightz
- brainstormrubbish likes this
- lavernagus reblogged this from psychoticandbeautiful
- see-right-throughme likes this
- frackyfrickypadalecki reblogged this from the-sexy-harries-twins
- fandomfucked likes this
- rowansradicaluniverse reblogged this from you-wont-kn0w
- foreveryoursneveragain likes this
- nnirtac reblogged this from theyoungvines
- nnirtac likes this
- l-i-z-z-a-y likes this
- e-lixor reblogged this from alittlebirdyblog