10 Myths/Facts About Introverts
Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.
Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
- theninno95me likes this
- inemiya reblogged this from psych-facts and added:
- andryrmdn94 reblogged this from namasayakinsi
- its-rain-bow reblogged this from psych-facts
- voodooeyez reblogged this from tontonmichel
- sugarcaneslim reblogged this from psych-facts
- landmarklabs likes this
- jamaicandarling reblogged this from tontonmichel and added:
- tontonmichel reblogged this from king-of-pleasure
- feelingsofavisitor reblogged this from sketchedbooks
- dream-wickedangel likes this
- needsavingfrommyself reblogged this from psych-facts
- markthyrai likes this
- alien-spacebabe reblogged this from psych-facts
- hello-stupot1-gb likes this
- orboneiben likes this
- scootalooftw reblogged this from psych-facts and added:
- jmoonn reblogged this from esstarr
- pathsforgotten reblogged this from psych-facts
- pathsforgotten likes this
- beautiful-stars-tonight likes this
- pepesmail likes this
- eres-amado reblogged this from psych-facts
- thedeath590 likes this
- minogo likes this
- curlytraveler reblogged this from thoughtcity
- birmstuff likes this
- thoughtcity reblogged this from psych-facts
- forevverryoung likes this
- elektrikmagnetik likes this
- twerppppp reblogged this from psych-facts
- twerppppp likes this
- fall-int0t-the-dark reblogged this from psych-facts
- impippalongstockings likes this
- iheartbaku likes this
- danceislove28 reblogged this from psych-facts
- maxxinekj reblogged this from whoinvitedthebitch
- diedaslowpainfuldeath likes this
- diedaslowpainfuldeath reblogged this from angry-nerdy-blogger
- xhariszdulin reblogged this from psych-facts
- bishojo-senshi likes this
- gabriellemarie93 reblogged this from melodiousbells
- yungswvnk likes this
- turquoiseroads reblogged this from thetolerantthinker
- amirahyb reblogged this from psych-facts and added:
- hiddenweirdo likes this
- incompetent-optimist reblogged this from psych-facts
- ceramic-wolf likes this