10 Tips To Think More Creatively
1. Reframe The Problem or Phrase Question Differently
When we phrase a question or problem in a different light, we are more likely to find more solutions. We often look at things from a single angle preventing us from seeing all the possibilities. Some ways to think more creatively for this are to phrase the question differently or to put the problems in a different scenario.
2. Avoid Logical Thinking
Logical thinking can prevent us from innovative thoughts, because when we think logically we only use what we know. Creative ideas are built from what we do not know. To facilitate this process, you can look for inspirations from music, arts or people. Or you can use your dreams to come up with solutions. Studies show that dreams help us problem solve and one advantage is that dreams do not follow logic, but instead give us insights.
3. Avoid Following Rules
This point relates back to point 2, because we usually stick to rigid ideas or beliefs about how things work or should work. Instead, we should become more flexible and ask ourselves the question ‘what if?’ What if we tried?
4. Avoid Being Practical
This point relates to the methods we use to problem solve. Sometimes, we tend to stick to one method and not try other ways. Instead, we should be trying to combine different ideas or methods together.
5. Try Not To Force Creative Thinking
We are often most creative when we do not try to be. Sometimes, ideas just come up to us through insights or unique experiences. Certain dreams are one of them, but we do not really control what we dream about.
6. Talk To Others
We often like to see ourselves as the experts and that we should come up with ideas alone. But truth is ideas usually comes from the outside. We get ideas from talking to people who may or may not be expert of your area but they bring to you their own knowledge and expertise.
7. Embrace Ambiguity
Most problems are ambiguous and may not actually have a straightforward solution. But isn’t it our goal to find a solution? To think creatively, we must accept that each problems are unique and that it will take time and creative effort to find a solution.
8. Embrace Failures
Not all great ideas work out. In fact, most innovations are failures at the start. You just have to keep working at it, find out what went wrong, and keep trying.
9. You Are Creative
You just need some inspiration. It helps if you are patient and explore different ideas. Often times, other ideas inspire us to come up with our own. Furthermore, know your own strength and values you can add to old ideas to make them creative.
10. Practice Practice
Being creative is also an art. You have to become self-aware of what makes you creative, when you are most creative, and what you are most creative at. Start paying attention to what you’re good at and start doing some work. Keep making something new everyday.
- a-splitting-of-frerard likes this
- narellereference reblogged this from psych-facts
- pathwaytox reblogged this from jkeyyyyyy
- vagalow likes this
- flordelok-traducciones likes this
- monetronchatoro reblogged this from queennubian
- johnmaddenlivesonthemoon reblogged this from psych-facts
- a-youngwarlock likes this
- pandamanchan reblogged this from iwanttobeafirefly
- thordeurantia reblogged this from iwanttobeafirefly
- thordeurantia likes this
- kapeachca likes this
- shiken72 likes this
- lougle89 reblogged this from psych-facts
- lougle89 likes this
- lazzzylemon reblogged this from iwanttobeafirefly
- xfreblog likes this
- beanbag36 likes this
- tigthered likes this
- iwanttobeafirefly reblogged this from psych-facts
- dream-as-big likes this
- agtfitc likes this
- the-book-sniffer reblogged this from timelord-dragonlord-consultant
- thats-bulfinch likes this
- oliveladybug reblogged this from psych-facts
- thetarantinos likes this
- jabilas likes this
- pedrummond likes this
- the-incredible-pac likes this
- aominedieki likes this
- miketsunami reblogged this from psych-facts
- iwillgetbacktoyouok reblogged this from fuckyeahpsychologyandmedicine
- thatconsultingtimelord likes this
- spiralingupwardharmony reblogged this from psych-facts
- daddylucius reblogged this from psych-facts
- ielin likes this
- artistrycompendium reblogged this from princekind
- whatthewhatkenz likes this
- moonstarmarauder reblogged this from psych-facts
- bonapartist-fanboy likes this
- salted-pork-knuckles likes this
- thoughtful-guy reblogged this from psych-facts
- crawl-up-away reblogged this from psych-facts
- randomizedred reblogged this from psych-facts
- brokendollgirl reblogged this from the-trench-coat-fandom
- em-ptystreets likes this
- m0nstrosityy reblogged this from psych-facts
- randomizedred likes this
- beyond-the-limited-skies reblogged this from psych-facts