The Power of Laughter and Play
Playful communication is one of the most effective tools for keeping relationships exciting, fresh, and vital. Laughter and play enrich your interactions and give your relationships that extra zing that keeps them interesting, light, and enjoyable. This shared pleasure creates a sense of intimacy and connection—qualities that define solid, lasting relationships.
People are attracted to happy, funny individuals. Laughter draws others to you and keeps them by your side. When you laugh with one another, a positive bond is created. This bond acts as a strong buffer against stress, disagreements, and disappointment. And laughter really is contagious—just hearing laughter primes your brain to smile and join in on the fun.
Playful communication helps you:
· Connect to others. Your health and happiness depend, to a large degree, on the quality of your relationships—and laughter binds people together.
· Smooth over differences. Using gentle humor often helps you broach sensitive subjects, resolve disagreements, and reframe problems.
· Feel relaxed and energized at the same time. Laughter relieves fatigue and relaxes your body, while also recharging your batteries and helping you accomplish more.
· Overcome problems and setbacks. A sense of humor is the key to resilience. It helps you take hardships in stride, weather disappointment, and bounce back from adversity and loss.
· Put things into perspective. Most situations are not as bleak as they appear to be when looked at from a playful and humorous point of view.
· Be more creative. Humor and playfulness loosen you up, energizing thinking and inspiring creative problem solving.
- menaturally likes this
- glazeehowl reblogged this from psych-facts
- spriingrolls likes this
- alchemicresponse likes this
- itscharissa reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- janisamarie likes this
- pepperwright reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- jayjay-barnes likes this
- wahtevs likes this
- midnightrazor246 reblogged this from psych-facts
- dreadinny reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- pysch23 reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- ellathompsonlovesmorganna reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- howdoioperateher likes this
- fandangno likes this
- peaceblissromance reblogged this from psych-facts
- starsandglory reblogged this from psych-facts
- challengingeveryday reblogged this from psych-facts
- worldsunlife reblogged this from psych-facts
- jozzywoz likes this
- letranlam reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- shadowthepumpkinhog reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- ceejamor reblogged this from qwertyscribbles
- toshachings likes this
- elle-blurbs likes this
- theleon likes this
- cezspage likes this
- mimisikaka likes this
- sky-eater reblogged this from psych-facts
- sky-eater likes this
- le-coeur-fragile likes this
- 4seasonsheavennearth likes this
- roflponed reblogged this from psych-facts
- wasabeeee likes this
- doctorkpepper reblogged this from psych-facts and added:
- doctorkpepper likes this
- cathrinmargot likes this
- phoebe946 likes this
- all-that-i-love-is-lost likes this
- princessofmine reblogged this from pilosopogyno
- perlern reblogged this from psych-facts
- shatahad likes this
- sailor-vness likes this
- acabosetotal likes this
- profound-reinvention likes this
- sweet-starlight-89 likes this